Working for the energy of the future
METALIQ owns hydrogen generating systems avoiding hydrogen storage as iMetaliq-200 AERO unit for electrically propelled Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) using PEM fuel cells. This type of systems shows excellent features regarding weight and volume requiring up to 20% of payload needs in comparison with conventional hydrogen pressurized gas storage systems
METALIQ technology combines features acceptable for manned or unmanned submarine platforms, as part of air-independent propulsion (AIP) system, such as: High weight and volume energy density
• High efficiency
• On demand Power Generation
• Low acoustic and thermal firm
• Modularity (adaptable to any platform)
• Easy to integrate and maintain.
• High operational safety and low risk of explosion due to flammable gases handling (absence of Hydrogen storage or flammable fuels, such as alcohols and/or hydrocarbons)
The need for a reliable telecommunications backup systems is a mandatory requirement for majority of communication companies. According European statistics of grid supply interruptions, METALIQ UPS System can supply power for more than 12 h, through a PEM fuel cell, and deal with one major power failure (up to 5 h) every 48 h, covering more than 99.9% of possible grid power interruptions (including railway telecontrol and communications). The self-sufficiency of METALIQ UPS System is easily adjustable, thanks to the modularity of the hydrogen generator design that would allow the addition of extra hydrogen generators. Other requirements for backup power systems for telecommunications are high reliability and low maintenance costs. The aim of METALIQ UPS System is to offer a higher reliability than its main competitor, namely the diesel generator.
Specially suitable for guarantee energy self-sufficiency in:
• Isolated villages where daily life or productivity of industrial or business activity is conditional.
• Facilities dedicated to civil protection, security or safety where the permanent supply must be ensured. METALIQ systems offers energy self-sufficiency. Other features includes emissions suppression of greenhouse gases by using clean and renewable energy storage.
METALIQ owns technology capable to generate hydrogen inside portable micro-devices such as smartphones, tablets, ultrabooks and notebooks equipped with fuel cells. This technology called iMETALIQ increases the autonomy of these devices up to 10 times without reloading using fully disposable cartridges.
METALIQ is specialized in Chemical Engineering with emphasis in Environmental and Chemical Process Development Engineering Services providing Technical Support in:
• New chemical process development (from laboratory to basic engineering through pilot plants)
• Optimization of existing chemical processes (safety, quality and productivity)
• Technological surveys of chemical processes
• Documentation updating of chemical processes (preparation of "as built“ process packages).
• Process control improvement and process quality audits (planning, practices, procedures and process automation)
• Process risk analysis and safety process audits (HAZOP, intrinsic safety, FMEA, F&EI, FM Global strategy and SIL)
• Process package preparation(Basic Engineering) of new facilities.
• R&D for new chemical processes.
• Development of new product formulations.
• Operator process training
• Commissioning and star-up technical support
METALIQ offers its extensive experience in industrial water decontamination from the analysis of treatment alternatives, piloting of technical solutions to the design of treatment plants using advanced processes:
• Surface and groundwater
• Brackish and marine waters
• Industrial wastewater
• Process water
Technical support services ranging from development of new treatment processes, optimization and improvement of existing processes. INDUSTRIAL HYDROEFFICIENCY evaluation by means of AUDITS analyzing water consumption and water recycling opportunities by METALIQ methodology.
The continuous improvement of environmental performance allows cost savings and survival of industrial activity in the medium term. Planning processes through technological improvement and development monitoring and process optimization allows to anticipate the threats of progressive regulatory pressure avoiding high investment flow.
The chemical processes in industries (pharmaceutical, chemical, food processing, mining and steel, energy, etc.) are subject to the adoption of new technologies to improve the environmental performance (emissions, discharges into the environment or waste generation).
METALIQ assists clients in the analysis, evaluation and assessment of their environmental behavior from the point of view of the application of best available technologies (BATs).